Several Important Characteristics of the Materials Used by Professional Drywall Companies
Hello and welcome to our company blog. We are Marvin Gaskill Drywall, and unlike other drywall companies, we want to share with you some of the basics of our work – the differences between various drywall materials. This is the first part of our article, so stay tuned and you will learn everything you need about drywall.
- One of the first things most upcoming drywall companies learn, is the value of a 5/8″ gypsum wall board. It is stiff and hard enough to cover any framing imperfections that may become evident later. This is very helpful because it can save you a lot of time.
- Be careful with the way you light the place after installing the drywall, because the light can make a lot of imperfections quite evident. The best way to handle it, is by sanding the surfaces for such defects.
- Another thing to look out for, is how you align things. You need to align the doors and windows of your home. Make sure you leave enough extra space, so that when you place the drywall the doors and windows remain aligned. It’s can be confusing for people that are not familiar with the work process of other drywall companies.
- It is very important to check the flatness of the walls and ceilings during the construction process. They need to be completely flat, because every flaw will be more than obvious once you place a cabinet in front of the wall.
- Lastly, we want to advise you about installing the doors before placing the drywall. You need to secure your doors first, so that they don’t move, or shift during the drywall installation.
Well, we hope you find our article interesting, as well as useful. You already know that we are among the leading drywall companies in Hutchinson, KS, so don’t hesitate to call us! – (620) 664-4620