Drywall Installers Tips and Tricks to Choosing the Right Materials for Your Project
There are many different types of drywall materials to choose from for your construction project. They vary in structure, consistency, materials and purpose. That’s why the best way to handle a drywall repair, is by hiring professional drywall installers, who can advise you about the materials you will need. If you want to know more about your options, here is what you can choose from:
- The most common material drywall installers use, is the standard 3/8″ drywall. It can be used on walls and ceilings alike. It’s very popular for remodeling purposes and repairs.
- Flexible drywall is an excellent material designed for use on uneven, curved walls and ceilings. It can be a very useful tool for contemporary style remodeling projects.
- Green board. This is a special kind of drywall, that is covered with green paper. It is water-resistant but not water-proof. Drywall installers usually use it for bathrooms, because it is good against high humidity levels.
- Besides water-resistant drywall, there are also fire-resistant materials. They are thicker than the standard drywall and can resist a fire for 3-4 hours. It’s good for service rooms with heaters, or furnaces.
- Mold proof drywall is also an available option. It doesn’t contain any paper, so the mold can’t feed on anything organic and grow, or develop. This material is perfect for damp basements with a tendency of flooding.
- Backer board, or cement-board drywall is usually used by drywall installers for bathroom walls. It is a great foundation for floor and wall tiles. It is completely mold-resistant and doesn’t break down when wet.
The best way to choose a good drywall material for your needs, is by consulting with a couple of drywall installers in your area. If you are located in Hutchinson, KS, then your choice is not a hard one. Marvin Gaskill Drywall is the leading contractor in the area with over 30 years of experience on the job.